The reason why your vehicle air conditioning may have stopped working is most likely down to the refrigerant, or gas, found in your air conditioning unit. This is a critical part to the air conditioning system working properly. The refrigerant that flows around the system and provides the cold air in your vehicle. However, as a result of this process which involves continually shifting states from gas, to liquid and back to gas again, some of this air con gas permeates through the system each year. Less gas means less cool air so refilling every few years will keep your air conditioning working in tip top condition.
Of course there maybe other reasons why your air conditioning stops working but low refrigerant in our unit is the most common and, thankfully, the easiest to fix.
If after a re-gas your air conditioning is still blowing out warm air, it probably means there is a crack somewhere in the pipes of the air con system and the refrigerant is escaping.
At Segensworth Automobiles we can carry out an extensive air conditioning service:
Our vehicle Air Conditioning Service checklist:
- Identify system contents with refrigerant analyser
- Recover all refrigerant from the system
- Remove and replace the filter unit if necessary
- Check condition of the condenser unit
- Check condition of all hoses and wiring harnesses
- Replace compressor oil
- Vacuum system for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Recharge with R134A refrigerant and oil
- Leak test all components
- Carry out pressure and temperature test
- Update service records
*Filters and components are at extra cost **Subject to Engine Size
Click here to book your Air Conditioning Service